The single-use TAC-PACK from Traumapacks.com was designed by a leading trauma surgeon in NYC for a government agency as a trauma management kit small enough to be worn with a suit yet still capable of providing what is needed for treating ballistic trauma. It’s meant to be used to minimize blood loss until the victim can be taken to the nearest trauma center, not keep someone alive out in the field for an extended period. Out of the many blowout kits available, this one is actually small enough to be an everyday carry item, as the contents are vacuum packed for the smallest possible package.
The Standard TAC-PACK contains (refer to the photo on militarymorons.com):
1. Protective gloves
2. 5″ x 9″ ABD (abdominal) Pad
3. 2 3/8″ x 2 3/4″ Tegaderm transparent dressing.
4. Kimberly Clark N95 respirator mask (more info here)
5. 4″ x 3″ gauze/cover sponge
6. 4″ x 4.1 yds stretch bandage (roll)
7. 1″ and 2″ tape (12″ each)
Note that the “Advanced” TAC-PACK contains the above items plus an angiocatheter and tourniquet.